The European Rolfing® Association e.V. (ERA) is a nonprofit organization with headquarters in Munich, Germany. Founded in 1991 for the benefit of all Certified Rolfers™ practicing in Europe, we are responsible for the formation of new practitioners, the continuing education and support of our present members, and representing the profession to the European community.
Membership in the ERA assures that you are dealing with a well-trained and knowledgeable professional who has met strict training standards, follows a professional code of ethics and standards of practice, and maintains a program of continuing education.
Who is Qualified To Be A Rolfer™?
Your Rolfer™ is a graduate of the European Rolfing® Association e.V. Since it’s founding in 1991, ERA has provided training, certification and continuing education in affiliation with The Rolf Institute® of Structural Integration founded by Dr. Ida P. Rolf in 1971. The depth and scope of training of the Rolfing® Certification Program, ensures that Certified Rolfers™ have the knowledge, sensitivity and skills necessary to respond to the needs of each individual client.
Each Rolfer™ has participated in approximately 750 hours of basic training. Moreover, to maintain their certification, they must continuously update their knowledge through Continuing Education credits earned by further studies in Rolfing®, Osteopathy, Homeopathy, Craniosacral or Visceral Manipulation. Rolfing® training includes: anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology; Rolfing® theory and structural analysis; soft tissue manipulation, spinal mechanics, joint mobilization methods and functional movement work; individual research and written essays; and, extensive supervised clinical sessions.
Rolfing® Structural Integration Facts
- Well over 1 million people have benefited from Rolfing® Structural Integration.
- Certifications: Rolfer™, Advanced Rolfer™ and Rolf Movement™ Practitioner.
- All Certified Rolfers™ must follow a Code of Ethics and a Standards of Practice.
- The Rolfing® Certification Program requires educational prerequisites, formal training, and mandatory continuing education.
- Client demographics are equal between genders and range through all ages.
- There are approximately 700 Certified Rolfers™ in Europe (2020) practicing in 22 countries.