- Thursday, 8th November – Saturday, 10th November 2018: 3-Day Workshop from 9:00 – 18:00 Hrs
- Sunday, 11th November – Monday, 12th November 2018: 2-Day Conference Entrance including Membership General Assembly
- Sunday, 11th November – 20:00 Hrs Evening Dinner and Dance Party!
The Shoulder Girdle: Support for Self-Expression,
2 Movement credits, 1 Intermediate Credit
Join Mary Bond for an exploration of the influence of shoulder integration on the actions and gestures of work and play, on our interactions with others, and on breathing, core stability and gait.
The workshop is designed for Structural Integration practitioners enhance their embodiment, and to gain body reading confidence and success in designing practical and transformative movement solutions for clients.
- Understand the shoulder patterns and problems we feel in ourselves and notice in others.
- Review the biomechanics of the arms, shoulder girdle and spine.
- Practice interventions that develop shoulder support and improve shoulder and arm articulation.
- Develop support for gestures of giving, receiving, grasping, receiving and stopping.
- Use movement education to help musicians, artists, dancers, athletes, computer programmers and new mothers eliminate shoulder symptoms.
Mary Bond studied with Dr. Ida Rolf from 1969 to 1972. Formerly Chair of the US Rolf Movement® faculty, she has been involved in movement education from the early days with Judith Aston, and has been profoundly influenced by the work of Hubert Godard. She is author of The New Rules of Posture and a multimedia book, Your Body Mandala: Posture as a Path to Presence. It is her joy to share her perspective of movement education.