- Saturday, 10th November 2018: 1-Day Workshop from 9:00 – 18:00 Hrs
- Sunday, 11th November – Monday, 12th November 2018: 2-Day Conference Entrance including Membership General Assembly
- Sunday, 11th November – 20:00 Hrs Evening Dinner and Dance Party!
Rolf Movement™ and Somatic coaching – Integration at the workplace in group dynamics and in ourselves.
1 Elective Credit.
When we are challenged, threatened or hurt, our natural tendency is to constrict or collapse our attention, breathing, posture, vision and movement—which is experienced as such states as fear, anger, effort, strain, shock, weakness, resignation, dissociation and so on.
In task performance, these physical responses interfere with planning and physical coordination. In situations of conflict, these powerful physical patterns undermine people’s ability to think rationally, interact empathically, and act peacefully when the physical response patterns get locked into the body.
By learning how to open and balance your body, breath, and attention, you can create a physical and mental state of relaxation, expansiveness, calm alertness, and compassionate power. This state of mind/body integrity is the foundation for overcoming the distress response and for handling life’s challenges effectively, this can be applied right away in our clients and with all situations of our daily life.
We will explore specific body areas with easy, fun exercises done individually, pairs and in group dynamics. Different tools such as balls, rings and rollers will be used to develop our awareness in these areas.
Themes we will work with:
- The art of presence in leadership.
- Change is only possible with awareness – Awareness and options.
- Breathing: the whole, relaxation and action. Self-care exercises.
- Feet: support and push, line of forces, the importance of the triangle of support, Nervous system.
- My hands: my relationship with others and with myself.
- Centering and Distraction
- Lines of force and action. Muscle contractions Unnecessary tension Conflict.
- What I communicate with the body what others perceive of me. Body coherence.
Bibiana Badenes is a somatic educator from Benicasim, Spain, where she oversees an innovative body-mind rehabilitation program for rheumatoid arthritis patients and stress management clients. She is the head of Kinesis, a somatic therapy clinic. Bibiana trained as both a Physical Therapist graduated from the University of Valencia and she is Advanced Certified Rolfer™ and Rolf Movement™ Practitioner. A pioneer in connecting and building bridges among distinct therapeutic disciplines, Bibiana searches for an inter-disciplinary dialogue through health which can be accessible to everyone.