European Advanced Rolfing® Training 2023-2024
The Advanced Rolfing Training is the final step in the completion of the Rolfing Education; it gives you the opportunity to consolidate your foundations and deepen the knowledge and skills you have acquired during your Rolfing practices.
It is considered an advanced course because it aims to advance your progress through acquiring new complex and refined techniques to use with your clients. Advancing you, as a Rolfer, means that the next basic sessions you’ll offer will benefit from a new vision and approach. On completion of your advanced training, you will also be able to offer Advanced Rolfing sessions.
For all certified Rolfer® with a minimum of three years full-time Rolfing practice; limited practice will be assessed as a half-year only.
Members of the European Rolfing® Association are required to complete the Advanced Training after three to seven years of full-time or equivalent practice. If a Rolfer® elects to complete his/her Rolf Movement™ Certification, then the time is extended to nine years.Certification as a Rolfer®.
18 Continuing Education Credits are required:
- 10 Intermediate Required (manipulation) Credits*, taught by a Rolfing Faculty instructor.
- 5 Movement Credits, taught by a Rolf Movement™ instructor.
- 3 Elective Credits**, taught by an approved instructor.
* Specific mandatory Continuing Education Credits as per the recently published RISI Continuing Education Policy will be required of Rolfers Certifying during or after 2017. All Rolfers who Certified before 2017 will not have to fulfill the Intermediate Required Credit requirement and can substitute the current 9 Manipulation and 3 Internal Motion CE credits instead. Furthermore, any credits taken more than 7 years prior to the planned Training will not be counted as valid CE credits to meet the admission requirements.
** Elective Credits may also include additional manipulation or movement coursework beyond the specific Intermediate and Movement credits noted above.
Please send in this admission check list.
If an applicant has not completed the required CE credits for admission to the Advanced Training they may apply for a waiver to the ERA Office. However, before receiving the Advanced Certification every person must have complete all the applicable CE requirements.
Please fill out the waiver and send it in.
Registration and down payment of € 500.- required after registration
1. payment until 22.10.2023: 1900 €
2. payment until 07.01.2024: 1900 €
2. payment until 08.04.2024: 1450 €
For each ERA-WS-Credit (only organised by ERA Munich) you will get a discount of 10 € - max. 150 € for 15 ERA-WS-Credits.
My way of teaching and practicing Rolfing is based on the manual approach that is the essential element of our work.
During the training you’ll learn how to better differentiate fascial layers, how to intervene with the articular system, and how to address the visceral components. All elements that will help to meet the different issues and needs of our clients.
Body reading is another essential aspect of the work that helps us to see and recognise how the body organises itself in space as well as how gravity flows through it. This is a great addition to the advanced training as it helps to create a plan and a project for a series of sessions tailored to our clients.
A fluent interaction with the client is based on the capacity to listen and resonate with them: this alliance with the client is the foundation for a successful practice.
Dividing the training into three parts, gives you the opportunity to try and experiment what you are learning between one module and another with your clients. Returning to class each time with new observations, specific requests and comments that arise from your daily practices.