"Sensing from the core"
It's the third of three anatomy workshops the Myofascial Foundation.
Who is this course for
This workshop is a good place to start, if you:
- want to deepen your existing knowledge of anatomy in context of Rolfing Structural Integration
- want to learn about how human bodies are designed and function
- are a professional manual therapist, osteopath, or Pilates or yoga instructor and want to discover the specific characteristics of the fascial system
- are thinking about a career in Rolfing – as this workshop helps prepare you for the next level of training
You’ll learn about
- the anatomy of the chest and abdominal cavity
- exploring different transverse structures in the body, such as the respiratory diaphragm or the pelvic floor
- how Rolfers understand the idea of the ‘core’ as containing and contained structures within the body
- how the fascial system is a sensory organ with a relationship to the nervous system