Foundation of Rolfing® 10 Series
Received the ‘Ten-Series’ from a Certified Rolfer or Structural Integration practitioner
A personal statement where you tell us why you want to study this course, why now, and describe your experience with the Ten-Series
A 1-day first aid course (you can do this in your country with an accredited provider, eg the Red Cross)
A basic criminal records check
Level 2 Structural Fascial Bodywork is the second level of education at the Dr Ida Rolf Institute. The course teaches you the principles of Structural Fascial Bodywork to a professional level, based on Dr Ida Rolf’s ‘recipe’.
Classes are grouped into 8 individual modules of 3 to 8 days each, spread over about 9 months.
Step-by-step, you’ll explore the ‘Ten Series’ of Rolfing sessions and practice these with each other and with a client. Lessons on ethics, building your practice and writing a business plan complement the practical part of the course.
What to expect in class
In each module:
- you’ll be taught by a faculty member of the Dr Ida Rolf Institute Europe
- you're taught using a mix of practical exercises and theory
- you’ll work in pairs or small groups to explore and practice the course content
- you’ll work one-to-one with your client
- you'll get plenty of support as there'll be one teacher for every 10 students and no more than 20 students per class
- there’ll be preparatory reading and homework
On successful completion, you'll receive a certificate in Structural Fascial Bodywork. This qualifies you for further study towards becoming a Certified Rolfer (level 3).
- Module 1 – Thu 15 to Sun 18 Sep 2022
- Module 2 – Thu 27 to Sat 29 Oct 2022
- Module 3 – Thu 24 to Sun 27 Nov 2022
- Module 4 – Thu 15 to Wed 22 Dec 2022
- Module 5 – Thu 26 to Sat 28 Jan 2023
- Module 6 – Thu 02 to Sat 04 Mar 2023
- Module 7 – Thu 27 Apr to Thu 04 May 2023
- Module 8 – Thu 15 to Mon 19 Jun 2023 (exams on 18 and 19 Jun)
- Deposit - 1000 € (will not be refunded if the level is cancelled)
- M1, M2, M3 + M5, M6, M8 - 610 € each
- M4 und M7 - 1220 € each
- practitioners of related bodywork disciplines, for example, manual therapists, osteopaths, yoga teachers, Pilates instructors or Gyrotonic teachers – who want to implement Structural Fascial Bodywork in their practice
- people who want to delve into bodywork for their own benefit, for example, if you’re a singer, dancer or actor
- career changers – if you’re coming from a different line of work, this is a great pathway towards a career in bodywork
This is not an entry-level course. You’ll need to have some previous experience in bodywork, and depending on your skill level, you’ll need to complete some of the Myofascial Foundation Workshops (level1).
- manual intervention based on Dr Ida Rolf’s ‘recipe’ of the ‘Ten-Series’ of Structural Integration
- recognising movement and posture patterns
- bodywork techniques that you can implement in your own practice
- ethics around working with clients
- practice building and business plan
Dig deeper into the curriculum
Module 1 - ‘Ten Series’ session 1: Breathing freely in gravity – encountering client, we define pelvis and thorax relationship, shoulder girdles and arms. A touch that provides expansion and rest.
Module 2 – ‘Ten-Series’ session 2: Balancing walking – the fascinating relationship of feet, lower legs and their transition to the spine. A touch that differentiates the small structures of the feet, and tracks gravity support in the legs, spine and thorax.
Module 3 – ‘Ten-Series’ session 3: Easy sitting, easy standing – front and back stability and volume happen as the lateral axis becomes available. A touch on the lateral structures of the body that contains and supports differentiation of layers
Module 4 – ‘Ten-Series’ sessions 4 and 5: Anchoring Into Pelvic Floor And Feet; opening thinner midline of the legs; a sensitive and precise touch that brings awareness and freedom of pelvic core space - Spaciousness and dynamics in the abdominal area, we free the action of the psoas gently addressing core space. A touch that organizes container and content in the front of the trunk
Module 5– ‘Ten-Series’ session 6: A strong, resilient, and supple back – Length And Organization Of The back, continuity of fascia from heels to occiput. A touch that adapts to different muscle tones and provides a sense of continuity.
Module 6 – ‘Ten-Series’ session 7: A head fully supported from below and oriented in space. Specific work around the neck and head, mouth and nose included. A delicate and precise touch that opens inner volume, orients into space and frees mobility of the neck.
Module 7 – ‘Ten-Series’ sessions 8 and 9: Integrating trunk, spine and extremities. Balancing the girdles, to help stability and flexibility. A touch that combines local work within a global intent. Integrating spine, pelvis and extremities, we enhance the myofascial relationships between centre and periphery.
Module 8 – ‘Ten-Series’ session 10: Finding closure that brings the organism to its highest possible level of integration. A touch that serves this purpose. Certification workshop business plan presentation.