The European Rolfing® Association e.V. is looking for an
Executive Director (m/f/d), part-time
The European Rolfing® Association e.V. (ERA) is a Europe-wide non-profit organisation with 10 country affiliates, approximately 700 members, and one office and training centre. It is affiliated to the Rolf Institute of Structural Integration based in Boulder, Colorado (USA), the parent organisation that licenses and sets world-wide standards for Structural Integration training based on the Rolfing® method.
We provide certification training, continuing education, and membership support in the field of Rolfing® Structural Integration (SI), a complementary health-care method. Rolfing® SI aims to achieve lasting improvements in posture and physical health through myofascial bodywork and movement education, based on the work of Dr Ida Rolf.
The ERA office and training centre, located in Munich, DE, is staffed by 4 part-time employees, several part-time contractors, and a rotating set of instructors from our international teaching faculty.
Due to a forthcoming retirement, we are now looking for a new Executive Director to lead the organisation from 2024.
An exceptional and rewarding opportunity for a dynamic, motivated and industrious individual to lead an established membership organisation and training centre within a growing research field of complementary health practice.
We anticipate that the role will be offered at 0.8 FTE (28 hours / week) from July 2024, working from our office in Munich along with opportunities for home working.
- Taking overall administrative, organisational, and financial responsibility for every aspect of the organisation, including legal and insurance matters, and IT systems coordination (with specialist contractor support as necessary)
- Ensuring the continued professional and high-quality profile of the European Rolfing® Association e.V. to internal and external stakeholders, and establishing new strategic relationships, e.g. representing Rolfing at EUROCAM
- Delivering a program of expansion in student intake to our initial educational programs and continuing education for members
- Overseeing the sustainable growth and development of European faculty
- Enhance formal recognition and accreditation of Rolfing® at national level within various European states together with national associations
- Providing direct support for planning, coordination and follow-up of ERA Board meetings, conference calls, and activities, including the Biennial Membership Meeting
- Developing and maintaining close cooperation with related Rolfing® schools, regional European Rolfing® associations and external professional organisations.
You are a highly professional, responsible, and personable leader with a talent for strategic and creative thinking. You relish an opportunity for challenge and impact within the emerging complementary medical field. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, are a talented networker, and inspire and convince others with your open-minded nature. You are experienced in communicating bilingually in both German and English.
You have a university degree and bring several years of professional experience in the field of non-profit organisations (as managed under German law); familiarity with adult education programs and recent developments in healthcare is a plus. You are skilled in using MS Teams and MS Office and can demonstrate a strategic understanding of digital and IT requirements, including data security. A familiarity with and understanding of digital marketing and services would be an asset.
A team player with heart, mind, and emotion, you seek to shape the future of our facility in collaboration with the office team, faculty, board, and members. We value a multicultural mindset that embraces the variety of all our European members and affiliated organisations.
How to apply
Informal enquiries about the role may be addressed to the current Executive Director, Sabine Kalmbach: email@example.com
Applications should be made online, no later than 30.11.23, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your CV and a cover letter (both in PDF format) setting out your motivation to apply, how you meet the person specification, and your availability for employment.
You should also provide 2 referees, one of which should normally be your most recent employer, whom we may contact for a reference, indicating clearly if you are happy for these to be contacted prior to an offer of employment.
The recruitment process
We shall undertake a multi-stage process in order to involve both the office and the board in the decision-making process.
After an initial interview online, there will be two further rounds of interviews, one online and one in person, which will probably take place in Munich in March 2023.