Level 2 - Structural Fascial Bodywork
Level 2 Structural Fascial Bodywork is the second level of education at the Dr Ida Rolf Institute® Europe. The course teaches you the principles of Structural Fascial Bodywork to a professional level, based on Dr Ida Rolf’s ‘recipe’.
Classes are grouped into 8 individual modules of 3 to 8 days each, spread over about 9 months.
Step-by-step, you’ll explore the ‘Ten Series’ of Rolfing® sessions and practice these with each other and with a client. Lessons on ethics, building your practice and writing a business plan complement the practical part of the course. On successful completion, you'll receive a certificate of attendance for your course in Structural Fascial Bodywork. This qualifies you for further study towards becoming a Certified Rolfer (level 3).
- recognising movement and posture patterns – body reading
- bodywork techniques that you can implement in your own practice
- ethics around working with clients
- practice building and business plan
People who want to delve into bodywork for their own benefit, for example, if you’re a singer, dancer or actor
Career changers – if you’re coming from a different line of work, this is a great pathway towards a career in bodywork
This is not an entry-level course. You’ll need to have some previous experience in bodywork, and depending on your skill level, you’ll need to complete some of the Myofascial Foundation Workshops (level1).
- you're taught using a mix of practical exercises and theory
- you’ll work in pairs or small groups to explore and practice the course content
- you’ll work one-to-one with your client
- you'll get plenty of support as there'll be one teacher for every 10 students and no more than 20 students per class
- there’ll be preparatory reading and homework